CedrusMed EHR – Definition Statement
If you have questions please email CedrusMed at email@example.com.
- CedrusMed is a Mental Health EHR software owned by CedrusMed LLC, a Florida limited liability corporation.
- CedrusMed LLC offers a Business Associate Agreement in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) between the Covered Entity and CedrusMed LLC.
- CedrusMed LLC develops, implements, maintains, and uses appropriate safeguards that comply with Subpart C of 45 C.F.R. Part 164 and reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, security, and availability of electronic PHI.
- CedrusMed EHR application is controlled, operated, and intended for use only in the United States of America.
- CedrusMed LLC performs service maintenance and uses commercially reasonable effort to schedule system downtime to off-peak hours and to avoid service interruptions and delays of CedrusMed EHR application.
- In accordance with 45 CFR §§ 164.502 (e)(1)(ii) and 164.308(b)(2), CedrusMed LLC ensure that any Subcontractors and agents that create, receive, maintain, or transmit PHI on behalf of the Business Associate agree to the same restrictions, conditions, and requirements that apply to the Business Associate with respect to such information.
- CedrusMed EHR application uses Open Authentication (OAuth) protocol access tokens to store the users’ credentials securely and Implements a Two-Step Authentication Process To Protect Users’ Accounts.
- CedrusMed LLC uses to host CedrusMed EHR Application: Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), and AWS Backups; HIPAA-eligible AWS services to process, store, and transmit protected health information (PHI) under HIPAA.
- CedrusMed LLC data backup policy: All data is fully backed up every day and incremental backups every hour using scalable, durable, and secure storage. Incremental backups grab the data that has been added or changed since the last full backup. Multiple copies of the data backup are kept in different geographical locations and different data centers to be available for restoration. CedrusMed backup is built over the foundation of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Backup service with 99.999999999% data durability while offering AWS-integrated storage solutions for primary storage, backup & restore disaster recovery, and data archive.
- CedrusMed EHR application website uses an SSL (HTTPS) certificate to secure communication with the website and the end-user through end-to-end encryption of data transmitted and/or received.
- CedrusMed EHR application provides a fully electronic records management system and electronic signature complying with applicable law, including HIPAA, the US Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act of 2000, and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act of 1999.
- CedrusMed EHR application complies with your state Medicaid rules, Targeted Case Management handbook rules, and Community Health Mental Program handbook rules. Keeping general best practices awareness and enforcement.
- CedrusMed EHR application provides ways to manage MMA (HMO) insurance authorizations as well as Free Medicaid insurance coverages.
- CedrusMed EHR applications safeguard TCM and CMH agencies alike by overlapping or repeating services to their clientele.